SFI offers a unique perspective into the world of finance and investing, facilitating learning and growth. SFI is looking for graduate and undergraduate students who are interested in finance and social impact, have a desire to acquire hands-on experience, and are comfortable working in a flat, tight-knit team environment. Doors are always open for you to ask questions and explore opportunities. Successful candidates are entrepreneurial and capable of working well under pressure. Candidates must be passionate about understanding the fundamentals of impact investing. This is an entrepreneurial opportunity that will afford the successful candidate significant responsibility and the opportunity to help grow a successful team. Daily responsibilities will have the candidate interacting with the group’s leadership as well as investors and consultants.
This is a paid internship. The intern will receive an educational grant of $900 per week.
While interns are expected to take care of their own travel, accommodation, and insurance, insideIL will provide them with resources and support to help them with these aspects of their experience.
- Positive, team-oriented approach to analytical projects and problem solving
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with some qualitative coursework experience; Bachelor’s degree required in relevant fields
- Analytical and financial modeling skills: Proficient in Excel formulas & financial modeling, including intermediate to advanced functions and conditional formulas.
- Technically proficient with all MS Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Applying impact, sustainability strategy and/or ESG data & analytics expertise when contributing to analyzing investments and building products, tools, and data, taking different client contexts into account
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English
- Framing, structuring, and sharing intellectual property, with the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Flexibility and bring a curious, entrepreneurial and creative mindset, open for new things and able to propose innovative ideas that help our clients
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders while working in a global collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated and driven with ability to multitask and to work effectively in a dynamic environment
- 1-3 years of investment banking, corporate finance, M&A, economic, legal and/or private equity experience
- Experience in fundraising, marketing, social media content, digital design
- A familiarity with the principles of computer science – including coding, programming and visualizatio
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in the area of corporate sustainability, sustainability management and/or ESG data & analytics.
- Experience on ESG data provider platforms;
- Consulting experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with broader sustainability domain e.g., Climate & Environment, Sustainable Finance, Diversity & Inclusion, Circular Economy/waste management, biodiversity, water, CSR/citizenship, ESG, materiality, SDGs.
- Fluent in English, Proficiency in Hebrew - a plus
- Interest in investing, financial markets, global economics, ESG, impact, climate-related investing, and geopolitics
Work with a diverse team to overcome challenges at the leading Israeli impact firm.
Receive personalized mentorship from SIB developers and analysts at SFI.
Apply critical thinking and solid communications skills to analyze investment opportunities both qualitatively and quantitatively.
Up your Excel game, and gain technical expertise.
Established in 2013, Social Finance Israel is Public Benefit Company that promotes the flow of capital towards solving social issues in Israel, through the use of innovative financing tools. As the first and only social investment intermediary in Israel, SFI develops the Impact Investing sector with the ultimate goal of positively impacting the lives of inhabitants nationwide.
SFI is the leading developer of Social Impact Bonds (SIBs) in Israel, having launched Israel´s five running SIBs.
- Reducing dropout rates among university students studying Computer Science
- Preventing the onset of type 2 diabetes among pre-diabetics,
- Enhance educational attainments in mathematics for Bedouin students in the Rahat (Negev).
- Reducing dropout rates among university students studying IT
- Reducing loneliness among the elderly.